Carmen of Georges Bizet - 2018 on the Bregenz floating stage
She is in demand. Fascinated the guards. Carmen.
Actually, the soldier Don José is to arrest her after a fight, but Carmen wraps him around the finger. He is being imprisoned for his weakness. The flower that Carmen has thrown him, he understands as a sign of her love and dreams of a common future ...
Georges Bizet's rousing music with its Spanish-style sounds conquered the world: Carmens Habanera and Seguidilla are just as much as Escamillo's couplet. For the most successful opera of the French composer, the British artist Es Devlin designs the scenery in Lake Constance.
For the Danish director, this "opera about fate and obsession" is about "two people who are treated as outsiders whose paths intersect and cling to each other in a passionate but unhealthy relationship."
In the Festspielhaus the opera Beatrice Cenci (Berthold Goldschmidt) will be performing. It was a "true Belcanto opera," said Goldschmidt about his opera, which ends with a poignant requiem for the two executed women. This suspenseful opera about church corruption and human violence will stage Johannes Erath. At the conductor's podium, Johannes Debus is to be experienced, who is remembered by the audience of the Bregenz Festival through his interpretation of Jacques Offenbach's Tales of Hoffmann.
Opera in three acts (1949/50)
Libretto by Martin Esslin after The Cenci by Percy Bysshe Shelley (1819)
German version of Berthold Goldschmidt
With German surtitles
Carmen of Georges Bizet
Premiere: 19 July 2018 - 21.15
20th, 21st, 22nd, 24th, 26th, 27th, 28th, 29th, 31st July - 21.15
1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 14th, 15th, 17th, 18th, 19th August - 21.00 Clock
- 2 nights from Monday to Thursday or
- 3 nights from Thursday to Sunday or
- 4 nights from Sunday to Thursday
- Schwärzler Breakfast with the best from the Genussregion Vorarlberg
- 5-course festival menu
- Festival ticket category 3 (best sea chart)
- Festival bus to the festival and back
- Schwärzler festival bag with seat cushion, fleece blanket and rain cape
- Schwärzler information folder with current events and exhibitions in Bregenz
- Use of indoor pool, sauna, sanarium, infrared cabin, fresh air and relaxation room
- Cozy bathrobe in the room
- 24-hour concierge service with exclusive tips for your Bregenz visit
- Free high-speed Internet access throughout the hotel
- Free parking directly at the hotel
Arrangement valid: 19.07. until 19.08.2018
4 nights (Sunday to Thursday)
from EUR 644,00 per person in a double room Premium
from EUR 780.00 per person in the deluxe double room Wälderbahn
3 nights (Thursday to Sunday)
from EUR 529.00 per person in a double room Premium
from EUR 631,00 per person in the deluxe double room Wälderbahn
2 nights (Monday to Sunday)
from EUR 414,00 per person in a double room Premium
from EUR 482,00 per person in the deluxe double room Wälderbahn
Surcharge for other room and card categories possible.